Add a Product
This article will walk you through the process of adding products manually using the Admin Tool.
We recommend referencing the Product Schema guide to understand the relationship between Variants, Products and Collections.
To enter your product details follow the steps below:
From the Dashboard click Products.
Then click Products.
The Product page displays.
Click New Item.
The Product Information page displays.
Enter the Description fields:
- Name: This is the name of the product that customers will see on your website. This is a required field.
- Description: Enter the description.
Add Image and Video:
- Click Upload File and follow the file browse and upload process.
After uploading your image(s) you can assign ALT image tags and Image Type name by clicking on the pencil icon.
Assign an Image Type and Caption (this is the ALT tag). Note: You can create custom Image Types with the Import Tool; this is useful for creating custom images for marketplaces (eg. Amazon) and other purposes.
Add URL Link for video.
- YouTube and Vimeo links are supported. .
Enter the Meta Information:
- Meta Title: Enter a value for the Title meta-tag for SEO purposes.
- Meta Keywords: Enter Keyword meta-tag for SEO purposes.
- Meta Description: Enter a Description meta-tag for SEO purposes.
- Slug (URL): Customize your URL.
Enter the Pricing information:
Price: The price you want to sell the item for on your website.
- Compare Price: Enter the manufacturer's suggested retail price or a competitors price. Your page can display $ and % savings.
- Cost: Enter the cost of the item. This is useful for Dynamic Pricing and Marketing Promotions logic.
Enter the Identification information:
- SKU: Is short for a "Stock Keeping Unit". Enter a unique identifier for your product. This field support both numbers and letters.
- Barcode: This is typically an 11 digit number that is supplied by the vendor of the product.
- MPN: Enter the Manufacturers Product Number.
Enter the Inventory and Stock Options:
- Quantity: Enter the current inventory quantity.
Inventory Policy: Select an option.
- Minimum Quantity: When Inventory Quantity reaches this level (the default is 0) then the Inventory Policy rule will control the product's behavior.
- Backorder Estimate: If Inventory Policy is set to Deny customers from ordering item then display the Backorder Estimate on the Product Page For example: Ships October 2020.
- Track Stock: If this is selected then Acenda will automatically adjust inventory as items are sold across all channels (eg. websites, Amazon, eBay, etc.).
Returnable: Use the checkbox if you want the item to be returnable (based on your Return Policy found in Admin > Settings. If unchecked then the product will be exempt from your Return Policy - useful if the sale is final.
Enter Cross Sellers and Variants information:
- Enter Products
Click Add Variants
- Enter the Option Name
- Enter the Option Values
Select Active / Disabled / Offline
- Offline: the item is out of stock; when inventory returns then the item will be Active again.
- Disabled: the item will stay offline and hidden despite there being inventory.
Enter the Organization information:
- Type: Enter a Product Type. For example: Duvet Cover, Sheet Set, Window Treatment.
- Tags: Enter promotional tags. For example: Free Shipping, New, Closeout.
- Categories: Assign the product to one or more Categories.
- Brand: Enter the Brand name of the product.
Click Add attributes to add site attributes (eg. Size, Color, Material).
- Enter Attribute Name
- Enter Attribute Value
- Click Add attributes
There is no limit to the number of attributes that a product can have.
Enter Custom Fields.
Please sign in to leave a comment.